On behalf of the staff and administration of St. Anthony’s College we wish you a bright and prosperous New Year 2018. We must continue to build positive relationships with each other as together we can work to ensure the constructive development of these young persons at the College. This notice serves to remind you of some important points as well as to share the projected schedule for term 2 of this academic year.
- Please refresh yourself of the school rules. This encompasses everything from appearance to punctuality.
- With respect to your son’s appearance, he must dress like a student. Students are not to wear tight khaki pants with front seams, their shirt collars are not to be creased, they must wear only black belts, their shoes must be all black, they are not to wear any form of jewellery other than an appropriate watch and finally, their hair styles must be fitting for a student.
- Your son is expected to display appropriate behavior on the way to school at school and from school. He must respect his teachers and family at all times.
- Punctuality is important and your sons are required to be in school on time. School commences at 8:00 am and dismissal is 2:20 pm. Parents are reminded that their sons must be picked at a reasonable time.
- Students MUST observe the signage throughout the school, especially the areas where they are not allowed and in particular the pool area where they must have permission and be supervised by the teachers or coaches appointed to do so. Going to the pool without consent this is a violation of school rules.
- Cell phones must be declared and lodged in the principal’s office either directly or through the channels of their form teacher or respective Dean. We stress that the students are not encourage to have camera or smart phones and furthermore they are not permitted to photograph or video/audio record anyone or anything at the College without the permission of the Principal.
- Students are encouraged to lodge valuable possessions at the principal’s office for safe keeping throughout the day. They may also leave with their form teacher or respective Dean.
- We request your continued contributions of $300 per term. These funds are imperative for the continued support of necessary items for day to day activities for all students.
- On a daily basis we make hundreds of copies for students and we plead for your contribution of 1 ream of photocopy paper. (Short 8 x 11 or long 8 x 14)
This term (12 weeks) is a crucial one for our form 5 and form 6 students. They must complete their Internal Assessments (I.A’s) and their School Based Assessments (S.B.A’s) before they leave for their Easter break.
During the course of this term we will be engaging in multiple Motivational talks, Educational programmes, Religious programmes and retreats, Awareness programmes and Fundraising activities. We therefore encourage and look forward for your continued support in realizing these endeavours.
We are currently working on a Sports Day. As more information become available, we will share this with you.
With respect to examinations this term, there will be no final examinations for forms 1-4, rather there will be 2 coursework examinations.
|Wednesday 14th February 2018||Ash Wednesday 9:00 a.m Service in the School’s Chapel|
|Thursday 22th February 2018||Form 6 Parent Teachers Meeting||School will be dismissed at 12:30 p.m.|
|Monday 26th February 2018||Form 5 School Based Assessment Deadline||No extensions will be granted|
|Wednesday 31st January 2018 – Tuesday 6th February 2018||Coursework 1|
|Monday 19th March 2018 – |
Friday 23rd March 2018
|Monday 12th March - |
Friday 23rd March 2018
|Form 6 Mock Exams|
|Wednesday 4th April - |
Friday 6th April 2018
|Distribution of Term II Academic Reports||Parents/Guardians to collect reports between 9 a.m to 2 p.m.|